I need to win the lottery so that I can give up work and have time for all my hobbies. This week I've spent a lot of time learning to use my new quilt frame, so I haven't done very much dollshousing, but I did put together a couple of kits.
First though, a couple of pictures I forgot to include last week. I had previously made the Miss Lydia Pickett wallhanging shelf, and the hall table, before starting to build the house, and finally they have a home. The shelf likely looks a bit odd straddling two different wallpapers but it doesn't fit in anywhere else in the house. I didn't want to put it in the living room as I like the wallpaper in there so much that it seems a shame to cover any of it up.
Miss Lydia Pickett Day Bed kit
However, the instruction sheet in my 1/2" scale kit was actually the instruction sheet for the 1/4" kit, which doesn't have the same parts. I don't know if I am just incredibly unlucky, or if there are some quality control issues with these kits. I know before when I was building the kits (prior to the housebuild), I got a kit with no photo sheet and had to go back to Judith to ask her to post me a replacement. Then I got the kit of two Flutterby chairs that only had wooden parts for one chair, and now a wrong instruction sheet. By looking at the pictures, and the Day Bed I had built previously, I was still able to put the kit together, but it was a bit fiddly as it wasn't clear what order to apply the leg pieces with the notches in them. I started out by gluing in the seat as per the 1/4" instructions, but I think maybe I should have glued on the back leg trims first. I had to slide them in afterwards, and ended up blocking one set of notches for the side pieces by accident. Also, the 1/4" instructions don't mention the back trim pieces at all, so I had to puzzle out where two of those went. Anyway, I got there in the end.
Petite Properties 1/24th Glazed Tall Cupboard
They go together incredibly easily. The pieces are very accurately cut, and the card grabs the tacky glue for an almost instant join. It was just a case of gluing in the five shelves, folding up the sides and gluing them to the sides of the shelves, and then gluing on the top and bottom.