Sunday 14 November 2010

Two week break

We have a guest staying in our house for eight days - a French teenager from Marseilles who is my son's French exchange partner.

Because of the arrival, I've had to move the dollshouse construction zone out of the kitchen, both for appearance's sake and to make more room for a fourth person.  As everything has been packed away, and the house is temporarily in my bedroom, it's next to impossible to work on it. 

Our guest leaves next Saturday, so hopefully next Sunday I can get all set up again and return to working on the house.

So all that I have to report this week is that I have been tidying up my mezzanine railing by applying a little filler to a few of the whittled stumps that are showing too much, to smooth these out and make them look better.

You would have enjoyed seeing me trying to explain why my real house is full of miniature houses, to a 15-year-old kid that speaks very little English.  I don't speak much French, so we really couldn't get into the whole minis obsession thing. He was very polite about it, but god knows what he was really thinking  :)

1 comment:

  1. Probably just as well that you couldn't hear his thoughts lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! Let me know what you think.