This week I've still been working on the printables to create more clutter for the boy's room. One of the reasons I prefer building houses to furnishing them, is that you can spend hours on making accessories with very little to show for it.
This week I've put together:
- board games: boards glued onto card
- board games in boxes: didn't use bottom of box. Cut piece of wood to correct size, painted edges in toning colour, and glued cover over board.
- keyboard: this didn't have instructions but I think I got the correct result. It's open underneath, and a bit floppy so I glued some card under the keyboard to make it look flatter. End result isn't great, I think I will hide it under the bench in the room so it's not on full view.
- school supplies: two notebooks with pages, a steno pad, a box of crayons.
- a mock Kentucky Fried Chicken takeaway box
- some fake books, and some covers glued onto real books.
- a puzzle, with an opening puzzle box
I took some of these and started to fill up the boy's bookshelf. Taking inspiration from my own DS's room, I shoved the games boxes in rather haphazardly.
I've pretty much used up the printables now that I found online. But I'm hoping to go to the big Miniatura dollshouse show at the NEC Birmingham in a few weeks, and I will look out for more 1:24 accessories there. There are usually some, even though the smaller scales aren't as popular here as they are in the States.